Home SEM Click Fraud Rise Or Fall? Click Fraud 22.9% Or 12.7%

Click Fraud Rise Or Fall? Click Fraud 22.9% Or 12.7%

Today, I received two click fraud reports from two different companies. The first was from Anchor Intelligence and the second was from Click Forensics. Anchor Intelligence reported a click fraud rate of 22.9% for the second quarter of 2009, up from 21.7% in the first quarter. While Click Forensics reports a click fraud rate of 12.7% in the second quarter of 2009, down from 13.8% in the first quarter. That is a 10 plus point difference in the click fraud rate, reported by these two agencies. Who should you believe?

Click Fraud can be measured on many different levels. Anchor broke out their click fraud rates by two types of “invalid” clicks, “attempted click fraud” which was the 22.9% rate and “innocuous invalid” which was 4.2% rate, a total of 27.1% in invalid clicks for last quarter.

You can obtain the full report from Anchor Intelligence over here. Click Forensics report can be seen over here

Each company has their own data sources, measurements and definitions for reporting on click fraud. Like always, when reporting on click fraud, you need to keep these things in mind.

Must Read

SEOs must focus on intent research practices in 2020

SMX speaker, Frédéric Dubut of Bing, explains why 2020 is the year SEOs need to evaluate their intent research practices to keep up with...

Businesses need to think differently about customer feedback data in 2020

Contributor and SMX speaker, Adam Dorfman, thinks the customer feedback ecosystem is going to play an even more important role in the coming year...

How verticalization and zero-click will impact local search in 2020

In a recent post on the SparkToro blog, Moz founder and search guru Rand Fishkin predicted that 2020 will be the year Google is...

Make it easy for search engines to rank your website in 2020

Contributor and SMX speaker, Fili Wiese, explains why it’s important to audit your website in 2020 to help search engine algorithms better understand your...

Microsoft Advertising launches sweepstakes for advertisers

To kick off a new year, Microsoft Advertising has launched an incentive sweepstakes for advertisers. How to enter. To enter the Microsoft Advertising Sweepstakes,...